Q: Replaced brake light switch but still no lights when pressing on brakes

I have changed all bulbs on the tail lights. I also replaced the brake light switch as told to by advanced auto parts. Yet still, the brake lights do not come on when pressing on the brakes.

Hi there. Check the fuses/relays and replace as necessary. If the fuse is blown and blows again we’ll need to investigate what is causing the circuit to overload. If the fuse checks ok, then check for supply voltage at the brake light switch using a digital volt/ohm meter. If the switch checks ok for power in and out, then there could be a ground concern; corrosion or open circuit. If power is not present at the brake switch and the fuse has power on both sides, then there may be a broken wire from the fuse to the switch. There could be a broken wire from the switch to the lights; use the digital volt/ohm meter to check continuity from the switch to the ground and repair as necessary. One of the most common places for a broken wire on this model is the deck lid harness; I would check there for a broken or shorted wire. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a brake lights do not work inspection.

• Replaced brake light switch but still no lights when pressing on brakes