Q: My car is overheating and keeps leaking antifreeze /coolant and my heat is not working in my car it’s blowing out cold air

asked by on February 05, 2018

My car heat is blowing out cold air and I have to keep putting antifreeze /coolant and it’s leaking but nothing on the ground and it keeps overheating I check the oil no signs on the oil what that be ?

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Thermostat Replacement $141.88 - $639.09 Get a Quote

The lack of heat being generated by your system may indicate a clogged or leaking heater core. The heater core is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. The other possibility is that the thermostat may not be allowing the engine to reach a normal operating temperature and since the engine’s warm coolant is the essential source of the heater core supplying heat to the inside of the vehicle, this can impact the warmth of the heat inside the vehicle. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.