Q: On 2006 dodge charger how long is the power cable from alternator to starter

asked by on May 27, 2017

How long is the power cable from alternator to starter and could i replace it with 4gauge cable?

The alternator cable on this vehicle and engine is specialized. It has a built in fuse link that is designed to prevent shorts if the system is shorted out. You could replace the cable with a larger cable but would not have this protection circuit any more. The cable is integrated into the harness and no exact length is found in manual. You would need to do a manual measurement.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr