Q: Why is the car losing power and not accelerating? 1995 BMW 318is

So this has been going on for the past two weeks I start my uncles bmw every monday because of street cleaning so I start the car up and I let it sit for a little bit so the car warms up as soon as I push the clutch in and let off slowly and get on the accelerator and as soon as I get to 2000rpm the car bugs down and starts to make a noise like Im dragging something heavy behind the car and as I let go of the accelerator and let the car roll and as soon as the needle goes below 2000rpm the car stops making the dragging noise and car starts to gain power back and this is in every gear even reverse I replaced the oil filter, fuel injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pump and I still cant diagnose the problem I even replaced the Catalytic Converter and it didnt change anything the mechanic used a OBD 2 sensor and it didnt pick up anything so my conclusion is could it be that I need to replace the oil pressure sensor so the car stops losing power on acceleration? Please help.

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check the ground wire from the main engine to frame ground to the right side engine mount. If this wire is corroded or loose, this will cause the engine to loose power on acceleration. Also, check the throttle position sensor (TPS) for any damage or loose wire connections. If the wires are all in good condition on the engine and the TPS, then I recommend replacing the TPS. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose the vehicle's loss of power and proceed with any needed repairs.