Q: While driving my Pontiac grand am the SECURITY light came on and stayed on. What could be wrong ?

While driving my car a light came on and wouldn't go off. " SECURITY ". We do not have a security system installed on this vehicle. What does the light mean and is it dangerous to drive with this light on? Thank you 😊

Your car does have a factory security system and you may need to make sure your keys are programmed to the car or it may leave you unable to start the car. Have the system scanned with a dealer or equal scanner to check system to get codes and go from there. Someone may have tried to override the system in the past.

3. While driving my Pontiac grand am the SECURITY light came on and stayed on. What could be wrong ?