Q: EPC light

asked by on August 18, 2016

My EPC light came on in my 2013 VW CC Sport. Bogging out. can't really drive it. My oil pressure censor has been disconnected for a couple days. Would that cause the light to come on.

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $89.83 - $411.13 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Any number of dozens of sensors, control modules, or computers can be causing your issue. Including the oil pressure switch being disconnected. The only way to know why exactly the light is coming on is to have the system scanned for codes, then follow the diagnostic tree to find the cause. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you with the diagnostic of these trouble codes in order to pinpoint what exactly is going on. Good luck.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr