Q: Kia revving

asked by on February 04, 2016

My Kia is revving at 7,000 RPMs.

Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If your Kia is idling at this rpm then the throttle plate may be sticking in one spot. It would be a good idea to start by cleaning out the throttle body. If that does not help then the throttle body may be bad or there may be an issue with the throttle position sensor. I would typically install a scan tool and see what the throttle and accelerator pedal sensors are reading to see if they are causing this. If those are fine then the issue may be in the computer itself. These symptoms are unusual, so I would have your revving issue diagnosed in order to ensure your safety on the road and to prevent damage.