Q: Code P0128

asked by on February 17, 2016

The Check Engine Light came on, and I had a diagnostic, which showed code P0128, which has to do with thermostat.

The code has to do with the thermostat not performing as specified, or the temperature sensor is not working correctly. You could first replace the thermostat, since it is the most common cause, and see if the code returns. If it returns, then replace the sensor. Or replace both components and be done with it. I recommend having a mechanic help you with the thermostat replacement, and/or temperature sensor replacement.