Q: Instrument lights come on. Speedometer and tachometer stop working, then come back on periodically

Instrument lights (brakes,engine oil,water) come on and go off sporadically also speedometer and tachometer stop work and start working sporadically.

Hi there. There is a loose ground that is causing the lights to appear at any time. Check the battery cables to ensure that they are tight. Check the ground wires under the dash and make sure that they are tight and not broken. If all wires are connected and the battery cables are tight, then the instrument cluster voltage regulator needs replaced. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from You Mechanic, to guide you with the diagnosis and repair of your vehicle’s instrument lights.

3. Instrument lights come on. Speedometer and tachometer stop working, then come back on periodically