Q: Engine noise too loud in cabin

asked by on June 07, 2017

I just bought this van, and while im driving it i hear the engine a lot inside the cabin! when i open the hood, most of the sound is coming from the left side of the engine "passanger side". What could it be? Sound insulation?

Hi there. It really depends on what the noise sounds like that would determine what is causing the noise. Over time, the sound insulation from doors will wear out and noises will become louder. However, if you’re hearing a grinding or repeating noise, then it is likely due to a mechanical issue. It’s probably best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection to determine what’s causing this noise.