Q: What kind of oil change do I need?

Hi, I live in Denver and would like to know do I need standard oil change or synthetic blend. I drive less than 50 miles a week

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to offer some insight about these services for you. It’s usually a matter of personal preference and driving style.

Synthetic oil is designed primarily for high mileage and high performance engines that are subjected to extreme conditions and temperatures. A synthetic blend is a blend of synthetic oil and standard mineral oils.

Based upon you driving less than 50 miles per week, you should be fine with just a basic standard oil change, however a synthetic blend will not hurt your car either way. This is again, more of a peace of mind and preference assuming you drive under normal driving conditions.

Here is an article about the difference between synthetic and regular motor oil.

When you are ready for an oil change, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the service for you.

3. What kind of oil change do I need?