Q: Wheel locked up

The driver's side rear wheel is locked up and the car won't move at all. I believe it might be something wrong with my emergency brake.

Hi. The parking brake system on the Maxima uses 3 cables. One control cable from the handle, and one cable going to each rear wheel brake caliper. A visible inspection of both calipers needs to be administered with both the parking brake engaged and disengaged. If the lever is not changing position on the driver’s side, then the driver’s side cable is most likely the issue. This issue will need to be addressed by adjusting and rechecking the cable’s tension. If this does not fix the issues, the cable will need to be replaced. If the lever on the driver’s side rear caliper is changing positions compared to the passenger side, then the caliper assembly is most likely the issue and it will need to be replaced. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, adjust the parking brake cable and replace any bad or failing parts.

3. Q: Wheel locked up