Q: The check engine light on for my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche

My truck has gone around 120,000 miles and the dashboard shows the check engine light illuminated. I had the gas cap reinstalled as it was loose. Also, I had oil level checked and it is fine. The operating temeprature is also okay. There are no issues with the oil pressure either. However, the check engine light is still on. What should I do?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche. If the gas cap was loose but then later taken care of, then the light may be due to another issue. You will need to have the Check Engine Light scanned for codes and cleared of codes. The gas cap code will not clear on its own without clearing it. If you need to have this taken care of for you, a local expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Check Engine Light and resolve this issue.

3. The check engine light on for my 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche