Q: my car overheating

my car overheats and it goes alittle bit higher from the mid point. and whenever l drive fast the temp goes higher i took it to a mechanic they told me everything is working ok

A: There are several causes for an overheating...

There are several causes for an overheating issue. The most common is low coolant levels, due to leaks or evaporation over time. If there is not enough coolant in the system It will overheat.

Another common issue is a faulty thermostat. The coolant thermostat regulates coolant flow based on temperature. When the engine temperature reaches operating temperature the thermostat will open and coolant will begin to flow through the radiator.

The third most common issue could be a faulty water pump. The water pump is responsible for circulating coolant through the engine and into the radiator.

Any of the above mentioned issues could be the cause of your issues.

There is also a possibility that the cylinder head gasket is bad and allowing coolant to enter the cylinders and cause you to overheat, but this is usually not the case

Consider having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose why your car is overheating and provide the necessary repairs.