Power Steering honda accord crosstour 2010 v6-3.5l

Q: Power Steering

I have Honda Crosstour I bought used from a dealership recently. They replaced the power steering pump and I hear no noise from any components when I turn or anything. However when I try to change lanes and/or accelerate the steering becomes tough and sort of sticks in and out until I back off the gas. What causes this? I had a Nissan that did this at one point but I'm just curious. Thanks!

Hi Spencer. Thanks for contacting us today. Sometimes, this type of symptom is caused by small air bubbles trapped inside the power steering lines. However, on electronic power steering systems, it’s more difficult to pinpoint the root reason for this symptom. If you don’t have any warning lights on your dashboard, I would recommend keeping an eye on this for the next month or so to see if it progressively gets worse. If it does, please have this inspected by a professional mechanic, as an on-site inspection and test drive can really help diagnose the problem.