Q: reduce speed message

power reduce engine light came on, slow speed after a while speed pick back up. today no reduce speed message car drove fine

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will illuminate the reduced engine power warning light for many reasons. The throttle, a number of sensors, poor ignition, and many other factors can turn it on. If you have not driven the vehicle very far you may still be able to find the code that was set when the light turn on. These diagnostic troubleshooting codes are found when you run a scan on the vehicle. This can be done at most automotive parts stores and by a technician. Otherwise, with the vehicle running fine, you will likely not find a problem when inspecting the vehicle. The wait and see method might be best here. If it happens again, it wasn’t a hiccup and you know you need to take action. Try to scan the vehicle when the light is on.