Q: Engine turns over good but won't start what might be the problem? It misfired one time and hasn't started since.

Engine turns over good but won't start what might be the problem? It misfired one time and haven't started since.

Your engine requires spark, air, and fuel to start and run properly. Air is almost always present so that leaves spark and fuel. Depending on the vehicle, if a crankshaft sensor is faulty, the engine control unit may not receive the signal to power up the ignition module and fuel pump. If the ignition module or ignition coil are bad, then there will be no spark signal. Another possibility is a failed fuel pump. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the no start condition to correctly identify the failed component.

3. Engine turns over good but won't start what might be the problem? It misfired one time and hasn't started since.