Q: I have a P0236 code and I can't seem to find the problem

I have been getting a P0236 code pop up when I get on the boost, and it puts the car into limp mode, loss of power, and makes a fluttering sound every time I let off gas to shift.

A: Hi there. In most cases, the OBD-II error c...

Hi there. In most cases, the OBD-II error code P0236 indicates that the turbo boost pressure sensor A is slower to respond to changing pressure due to deterioration with age. When the boost pressure sensor can't catch up to the evolving boost (which is what happens when you mat the throttle), the car will go into limp mode unless the sensor is replaced and reset.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine exactly why the Check Engine Light is on and suggest the needed repairs.