Q: On a 1996 Lumina with a 3.1, in which A/C line is the orifice located?

asked by on July 21, 2017

In which A/C line is the orifice located?

The orifice will be in the line where it comes from condenser to evaporator.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr

Three warning lights are on - the check engine, battery, and immobilizer, and my car won't start.

The theft light being on will cause the no start. If you have a second key then you need to try it to see if it starts? If not then disconnect the battery for ten minutes with key out of...

Water pump may be broken

Hi. It sounds like your water pump, or perhaps another part of the vehicle, may be leaking. It would be best to have a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, pressure test the vehicle to determine where the leak...

How do I personalize the power door locks settings?

You can customize many of your vehicle’s settings using the vehicle personalization system. One of the areas of the vehicle that you can customize is the power door locks. When personalizing the power door locks you can change which doors...

My truck had no oil and. I. Put oil now it's reading zero. Pressure can I drive home

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the oil is empty, then there is likely a severe oil leak and you are going to have more problems. Do not rely on the oil pressure gauge on your dash, as they...

Wont start after leaving the key on all night.

Hi there. Check the battery cables and see if the are tight and clean. A loose battery cable can cause the power to come on but not turn over the starter. If the battery cables are tight, then check the...

My inside lights won't come on.

Hello. The dome light is triggered by a switch in your door or the manual switch on the dashboard or on the fixture itself. Due the fuse being checked and testing good, you are going to need to test for...

Rain water getting into the car

The water leaking into your front floor is most likely coming from the sun roof. The sun roof has two water drains. Each drain runs next to the windshield, inside of the left and right side pillars, called the A...

Vibration above 60 MPH.

Hello, a bad vibration should be handled sooner than later since it can cause handling issues and wear on components. I would start by lifting the front of the vehicle with a jack and put it on frame stands. Spin...

My car alerted me by saying a/c off due to high engine temperature.

Hi there. Check the coolant temperature and see if the engine is overheating. If the engine is overheating, then you want to check the upper radiator hose and see if the temperature is different or the same as the bottom...