Q: I need help with diagnostic trouble codes that suddenly appeared making vehicle almost undriveable.

I have a 2012 Mazda CX-5 that i imported from Japan about 9 months ago. When I started a week ago one morning, I got engine check light and errors with SCBS, TPMS and traction control warning light is illuminated. Car is almost undriveable. Seems as though it keeps braking and is very jerky (bucking). Car drove issue free the night before. I however did leave a hood lamp on by mistake and i would sometimes get before an error about power management system and the I-Stop would not work...it would be flashing orange. Don't know if problems are related. I took car to the closest technician. He scanned and picked up several codes: U0001, P061B, P0A8D, U0401 and B11D4. He cleared them and might have reset and car drove fine. Used for a few a hours and parked for around 5 hours. When i restarted the problem reoccurred. i subsequently had the ECU reflashed by a mazda technician. Car drove fine on test run. Parked it up for a few hours and problem returned. i changed the battery..same problem.

Firstly, you should have the battery disconnected and the PCM disconnected. Check their connectors for any problems and apply dielectric lube to the connectors so the connection is clean from corrosion. If the problem continues then replace the PCM. All the codes are related to PCM miscalculations or data read problems. Have another certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the trouble codes firsthand in order to pinpoint the issue.

3. I need help with diagnostic trouble codes that suddenly appeared making vehicle almost undriveable.