Q: Rattling/Clunking/Scraping when turning. CV Joint or Axle failing?

I've been advised that's its probably the CV Joint or Driveshaft. Anyway, when I turn, with the steering wheel turned 3/4 or more one way or the other, the car makes an awful rattling/scraping/clunking noise which sounds an awful lot like a load of metal parts having a right old fight. It disappears when straightened up. I can get this fixed but not immediately, should I be driving my car or should I avoid driving it. Thanks in advance.

Hi - if your car is front-wheel drive, then yes - this noise is almost certainly a CV joint in the front axle has gone astray. The axle assembly will need to be replaced (the outer joint is not a separate component, but part of the axle. If it is already making the noises and has the loose motion you describe, I would have the CV axle replaced immediately by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.