Q: Whine noise only, in cabin at 2000 rpms

we just took our car in to get a pressure hose replaced fro power steering. once we got it back we noticed a whine when i would press the gas pedal down a little an get it to 2000 rpms, at about 3000 rpms it goes away. we also have been having trouble accelerating and sometimes our passing gear doesn't even work. our fans dont really ever come on. we think our 2nd gear clutch pack is also going out. PLEASE HELP

A: Hi there. It appears you’re chasing a lot o...

Hi there. It appears you’re chasing a lot of potential mechanical or electrical gremlins with your 1993 Honda Accord; which is rather typical with a car more than 20 years old. There could be multiple issues that are causing these symptoms that may be related including a vacuum leak in the EGR system to dirty or clogged fuel injectors and the throttle body. The only way to know for sure what’s causing these issues is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is running rough inspection. This will permit the mechanic to inspect the vehicle to determine the source of your cars issues, recommend the right repairs and determine if the cost of repair is more than the vehicle’s value.