Q: Car keeps dying

I have 2002 Buick Rendezvous it has a new alternator, new trans, new battery but my car keeps dying after a a day or two? Can anyone help me

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. To find the cause of your drain a parasitic draw test must be performed. A parasitic draw test is performed by disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery and hooking a multimeter to the battery post and battery cable. If there is any parasitic draw present and Amp reading will show up on the multimeter. You can identify which circuit is drawing the excess power by pulling the fuses one by one. When the amperage on the multimeter disappears then you have found the circuit drawing the excess power. A technician must then inspect the circuit to find why it draws power when not commanded. The technicians here at YourMechanic specialize in diagnosing such battery drains. We will send you a quote for the battery drain diagnosis of your vehicle to have for your records.

3. Car keeps dying