Q: Car stalls after starting only when parked downhill

asked by on October 08, 2017

When I’m parked down hill my car starts, rumbles from the fuel area then dies. I can park uphill and straight surfaces no problem

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Eric. Thanks for contacting us today. If your car is hard to start or has operational issues while parking down hill or on a slope, there are a few possible sources. The most common is that your fuel pump is either wearing out or there is debris stuck in fuel lines or the fuel filter. Sometimes simply replacing the fuel filter will resolve this problem. In other instances, it’s an air / fuel ratio problem - with a mass airflow sensor being clogged with excessive carbon deposits or debris. Since there are multiple possibilities, it might be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help diagnose the exact source, so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr