Q: Battery draining and charging - 2007 Jaguar XK

The car has only 27,000 miles on it, as I don't drive it that much. So, the car has battery issues. It gets drained pretty quickly, maybe because I don't drive it every day. I had the battery replaced recently, but it's the same. According to the manual, it is not recommended to charge the battery while it's in the car, but it is very hard to get to it and disconnect it. The remote terminals for jump-starting the vehicle are in the trunk of the car. Would it be safe to get the battery charged without disconnecting it?

Yes, it is safe to attach a battery charger to the trunk power lugs. Just make sure nothing metallic can touch both lugs at once to avoid a short, and possible fire. You might consider attaching a "trickle-charger" to the vehicle when it is going to sit idle for more than a week or so. This will keep the battery at full charge for your return.