Q: Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1

What does this mean? where is it, what purpose does it provide? Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1

Depending on the year, make, model and engine you have the intake manifold runner control valve and sensor is located on the intake manifold. The stuck closed control means that the air flow control plates are in the closed position and do not open. The system is designed to increase or decrease air flow into the engine cylinders. The addition of air will need addition of more fuel to go with the extra air and will give the engine more power like when accelerating or passing another vehicle. This also uses more fuel during this adding of more fuel and air. When the valve is closed it reduces the amount of air getting into the cylinders. The less air requires less fuel and will give you less power for less demanding situations like cruising at a steady speed or idling. This will give you better fuel mileage but less power on acceleration or for passing another vehicle.

3. Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1