Q: Dirty throttle body impact on evap purge valve

asked by on November 18, 2016

My check engine light came on. After taking to a Buick dealer service shop, they stated that the evap purge valve was not functioning properly and needed replaced. They stated that the throttle body had some carbon deposits and that it needed cleaned to avoid future issues with the purge valve. Can a dirty throttle body affect the purge valve?

Hello, the throttle body carbon deposits would not cause the purge valve to fail. The carbon on throttle plate can cause start stall and idle issues that is a service that should be done. The purge valve can fail electrically or mechanically. If you ever require any future service or information, please look at this web site. Thank You (https://www.yourmechanic.com/)

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr