Q: Iac

asked by on October 19, 2017

My car keeps reving up real high by itself, changed tps, map sensor, iac valve, and no leaks. I changed the iac twice and still having same problem, the valve keeps staying in the hole and not coming out, that’s why engine revs. Cleaned the hole and everything. 2 new iac. If I unplug the iac it doesn’t do it. Can you please help.

This can be caused by the main engine computer has the IAC shorted full open or there is a short in the wiring to the IAC that holds it open. If you do not get any codes or do get IAC fault then you may need to replace the PCM.