My car won't stop unless I floor the brake pedal. Brake C...

Q: My car won't stop unless I floor the brake pedal. Brake Check replaced the booster, and the brakes locked up. 5000 rpms just to go

asked by on July 19, 2017

My car won't stop unless I floor the brake pedal. Brake Check replaced the booster, and the brakes locked up. 5000 RPM's just to go 15 miles per hour. So, then they replaced the master cylinder, and brakes still locked up, and 5000 RPM's to go. They finally put all the old parts back on, and we're back to having to floor the brake pedal to stop. When the brake pedal is pressed and released, there is a whooshing sound, as if there is a hydraulic or pressure issue. I believe there may be some electrical issues with the car, don't know if that has anything to do with the braking issue... What do I do now?

Hi there. The best advice I can offer is to let a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a brake system inspection as soon as possible. There are too many possible issues to list, especially possible ABS control, sensor or module issues that need to be serviced or checked by a mechanic. Based on what you’ve described, I would assume you have both mechanical and electrical problems with the Lexus brakes.