Q: Feeling vibrating/grinding in my gas pedal

I am feeling a vibration and/or grinding in the gas pedal of my car. At first, I thought it was because of using cheap gas I would sometimes use, but even when I use the top grade gas, it still does it. There's no sound when this happens. The acceleration isn't smooth anymore. When I'm driving more than 25 mph, there's a grinding feeling that I can feel through my foot from my the gas pedal. The throttle body was dirty, so I cleaned that, did a fuel injection cleaning on my own (by unhooking the hose to the intake and spraying throttle cleaner in). Any ideas about what this could be from?

A: It sounds like you may have a wheel bearing...

It sounds like you may have a wheel bearing that is dried up internally and no longer lubricated. This can cause a vibration to be felt in many parts of the vehicle. The best way to check for this is to have a certified mechanic test drive your vehicle to diagnose the vibration symptoms. Then, have them use a mechanic's stethoscope to check all four wheel bearings to ensure that they are not causing any issues. Once this test has been performed, the mechanic would then relay all of his/her findings over to you so that you can make an informed repair decision, whether it be a wheel bearing replacement, a cleaning and re-packing of a wheel bearing, etc. YourMechanic offers mobile technicians who can come to your home or office for an even higher level of convenience.