Q: Engine shutting down.

The engine shuts down within minutes of cranking.

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $173.36 - $767.03 Get a Quote

Thank you for your inquiry. There are different options to take into consideration with diagnosing this issue. A restriction in the fuel delivery system is a likely cause. The fuel builds too slowly, enough to start the vehicle, but not enough volume to support idle. Along with the proper fuel delivery, air metering is also very important. A malfunctioning air mass sensor, or MAF for Mass Air Flow, can offer false data to the engines control unit and stall as a fail-safe. A technician, like the ones at YourMechanic, may be able to inspect for any faulty codes stored in the engines control unit as long as the vehicle has power. This is true even if the vehicle will not start.