Q: P0700 Transmission Control System MIL Request

The truck was starting to run a little shaky thought it may need an alignment. Set up that appt but in mean time detailed engine compartment. Started truck after detail everything seemed fine. Next morning jumped into go to work and it was very shaky and the engine light was flashing. I immediately turned off the truck. It needed some coolant and oil I added that seemed to run a bit better but I didn't drive it more than 5 feet. Engine light was off then came back on plugged in my scanner and got the P0700 code. Not sure how serious that is? And what steps I should be taking next to prevent from any further damage.

A: Hi! A P0700 code stored in the powertrain c...

Hi! A P0700 code stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) indicates that there is a code stored in the transmission control module (TCM) that can be accessed by looking into the TCM with an appropriate scan tool. Having the actual transmission code may provide more help for the diagnosis.

If "detailed the engine compartment", means washed under the hood with water spray, then you may have gotten water into some electrical connections. I suggest starting with an aerosol spray can of Electrical Terminal Contact Cleaner. Key off and out of ignition. Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect connectors to PCM, TCM, and any other control modules (like ignition) that may have gotten wet. Inspect terminals closely. Spray with contact cleaner. Allow to dry before reconnecting.

Some Dodges with a P0700 have needed a new TCM.

Flashing MIL light means engine is misfiring severely. You were correct to shut it off. Water in ignition coils, wires, spark plug boots could’ve caused it.

I’d suggest having your car looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your trouble code firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs. Best of luck.