Q: Replaced the power steering pump and now car won't start.

asked by on November 21, 2016

My power steering pump was replaced and was able to drive it from shop. Car ran just fine. Went to start car this morning it turns over but will not start. Gas is in the car and I want to know before I went back to that autoshop or go somewhere else what the problem could be.

Hello there, you have a few different faults going on with your 2009 Chevrolet Impala. The power steering repair should not effect the vehicle starting in any way. There are many common causes for the vehicle to not start such as the battery, starter, fuel pump, ignition switch, battery cables, fuel filter, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your vehicle not starting and make any repairs required to get it running again.