Q: Car won't start after doing valve cover job.

Once the valve cover gaskets were replaced with new ones and the covers put back on, I put the intake back on without using new gaskets and the car wouldn't start but I did get a pop and a backfire and the intake has become quite warm. I have bought new intake gaskets but have not installed them yet. Can u help

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, something was reassembled incorrectly. Not replacing the upper intake (plenum) gaskets should not have caused the vehicle's no start condition. Once that you have the plenum removed, carefully inspect all the components you disconnected to do the valve cover gaskets. Hopefully you locate the problem. You may want someone else to inspect it, while it's apart. If you locate the problem, put it all back together with new gaskets and happy motoring. If you did not locate the problem and your vehicle does not start, I recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.