Q: My car started knocking in the engine and bucking when I started it today, what could that be?

I started my car today and it acted like it was going to stall and started reving up, and slightly bucking. Then before it went back to normal I heard a knocking noise under the hood.

You may have a misfiring coil or spark plug or a problem with the camshaft variable timing. Make sure you have a fresh oil change with correct oil viscosity and have computer scanned for codes to see what cylinders were misfiring and have those coils replaced and all the spark plugs replaced.

3. My car started knocking in the engine and bucking when I started it today, what could that be?