Q: Hi Casey I would like to know more about ignition coil for example heavy duty vs normal...thank you for your answer

asked by on March 25, 2017

My car has light on the motor signal ..i replaced one ignition coil that was bad ...but the light is on

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The best ignition coils for your vehicle are the OEM Ford (dealer supplied) coils. There is no distinction between a regular versus heavy duty coil. If you elect to use an aftermarket coil, pick a reputable name brand from a reliable vendor. As far as the check engine light if that warning light is illuminated, there is a malfunction that should be diagnosed and repaired. If the check engine light is flashing, that means there is a serious fault, such as cylinder misfiring, that requires immediate repair. Misfiring, in particular, has the potential to damage the catalytic converter which can result in additional costly repairs. If the check engine light is "steadily" illuminated (not flashing) the seriousness of the malfunction is hard to judge unless and until a Code Scanner is used by the Mechanic to download the specific trouble codes from your car’s computer (PCM or ECU) that have caused the light to illuminate. I recommend you request a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.