Q: I'm hearing a clicking noise while the car idles in Drive, as the engine idles high.

I was idle in drive thru at a fast food restaurant and with the window down, noticed a clicking noise when my car would rev then the noise went away at a low idle. I was in drive and holding the brake. I couldn't tell if the noise was in front or on the side. It was hot out and I had the AC on. The car is a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L.

You may be hearing a solenoid for the vapor purge control system. This would be normal if it is a ticking noise that sounds like a clock ticking only when you give it a little gas and goes away when you let off the gas.

If you think it is something other than this, then have a mechanic inspect the noise for a proper diagnosis.

• I'm hearing a clicking noise while the car idles in Drive, as the engine idles high.