Q: 1989 Chevy Celebrity dies, is it the fuel shut off switch?

asked by on February 27, 2017

The car was having problems staying running and then after about 15 minutes it just completely died and would not start again i believe i need tp reset the fuel shut off switch but i dont know where its located nor do i have the book on the car

First of all, I don’t see that your vehicle is equipped with an inertia switch. Secondly, even if it were, it would not cause the problem you are having. A tripped inertia switch would prevent power from getting the fuel pump. As opposed to running rough then dying, the vehicle simply would not run at all. There are numerous potential causes for the symptoms your vehicle is exhibiting. Anything from a faulty fuel pump to a failed crankshaft position sensor could be the cause. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose and repair the no start condition for you.