Q: 2010 Rav4 Left turn signal comes on intermittently when switch is off. Will blink left and right if I turn right turn signal on.

asked by on November 21, 2017

2010 Rav4 My left turn signal comes on intermittently when the switch is off. I can shut it off by turning the high beams on. I cannot, however, shut it off by turning the right turn signal on, they just blink together in perfect harmony.
It doesn’t blink fast or slow, just at a regular pace, even though the switch is not in the on position.
I suspect a short in the switch, but I want to check with a professional in case there is some other issue that I don’t know about.

This problem does sound like the turn signal switch is shorting and should be replaced first to see if it is cause of short.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr