Q: 2010 Rav4 Left turn signal comes on intermittently when switch is off. Will blink left and right if I turn right turn signal on.

asked by on November 21, 2017

2010 Rav4 My left turn signal comes on intermittently when the switch is off. I can shut it off by turning the high beams on. I cannot, however, shut it off by turning the right turn signal on, they just blink together in perfect harmony.
It doesn’t blink fast or slow, just at a regular pace, even though the switch is not in the on position.
I suspect a short in the switch, but I want to check with a professional in case there is some other issue that I don’t know about.

This problem does sound like the turn signal switch is shorting and should be replaced first to see if it is cause of short.