Q: Where is the camshaft position sensor be located on a 2011 Kia Optima EX GDI?

asked by on December 27, 2016

Where is the camshaft position sensor located?

Hello - the camshaft position sensor is located on the drive-side end of the top of the engine on your vehicle. It is a round black plastic housing - golf-ball size - attached to the engine with one bolt, and a short wiring harness. If you have a problem code (Check Engine light) indicating this is the problem, and need assistance with this repair, I recommend a camshaft position sensor replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make this repair.