Q: Starting problems - Cranks but don't start.

2001 Tahoe started fine then just wouldn't start, cranks but does not start. So the owner, without troubleshooting anything bought a fuel pump, but it went to a 2012 Tahoe which had the flat plug instead of square one. So he spliced into the wiring harness so it would fit the new pump. Well it worked for about 3 starts until it stalled in traffic and back to same issue. I'm aware that these GM card can have Passlock issues that mimic fuel pump problems. Also im no mechanic but srems to me that you cant just use a 2012 pump on a 2001.

Hi there. The fuel pump is working, but the computer is fighting the resistance that the pump is putting out. I recommend replacing the fuel pump with the correct year of the vehicle to ensure that the resistance is the same as the parameters in the computer programming. If you need further assistance with the fuel pump, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Starting problems - Cranks but don't start.