Q: There is a delay when the car tries to shift into the next gear

Hey there, i've changed the transmission roles for the automatic gearbox, however when the car needs to gear up, the next gear takes a while to come in, making the car to increase the RPM Reading over the net and talking to another mechanics told me that i need to ride the car for a while in order to make the gearbox used to the car again

My questions: 1) is that true? 2) If not... Do i need to change my gearbox? thanks

3. There is a delay when the car tries to shift into the next gear