Q: Got new lower ball joints. I can't even turn the steering wheel when backing up after the new joints were put on. It is a 2 wheel drive.

new lower ball joints on front. Can't barely turn steering wheel trying to back out of garage now

My truck has 100000 miles.

This is a common issue when new ball joints are installed and not properly aligned. I would suggest taking the truck to an alignment shop to be sure the alignment is on point. When not properly aligned, this can cause them to bind up as you describe.

One other potential problem that happens occasionally is most ball joints have an indication mark on them noting a specific orientation on them pointing the boot or base toward a specific side of the vehicle. Sometimes when this is wrong, this may also cause the same problem you describe.

If the alignment shop is unable to help you, I would recommend having an professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your steering issue and service your ball joint problem as necessary. Best of luck.

3. Got new lower ball joints. I can't even turn the steering wheel when backing up after the new joints were put on. It is a 2 wheel drive.