Q: What is causing my vehicle to "roar" when I turn right?

asked by on October 14, 2016

When I make a right turn, even barely turning the steering wheel, my vehicle sounds like a jet taking off. Additionally, there is some type of "grinding" noise from under the brake pedal. My brakes were just replaced, so that's not it. My husband says it's not a grunding, but neither one of us can come up with a better word for it.

We need to start by addressing the repairs that were just made. If the noise started after the brake replacement, there is a strong possibility there is a correlation between the two. Think about the components that were just worked on and look there first. You will want to inspect the brakes and make sure nothing has come undone, broken off, is hanging down, or leaking. The reason you are feeling the noise in your brake pedal is likely because the two are related. Part of the brake assembly may be rubbing against the wheel or other component near by. With the car on and in park, turn the wheel clock to clock (or from one side to the other) and look to see what may be touching. You will want to make sure your wheels were put back on correctly as well after the work was done.