Hello there, I have a question about my Chrysler 200, 201...

Q: Hello there, I have a question about my Chrysler 200, 2012.

asked by on February 14, 2017

Hello, when i start driving my car, when I reach about 30-35 mph, I've noticed it seems like it doesn't want to shift gears. This has never happened before. I always take my car to Wal-Mart for an oil change, & from my understanding they're suppose to make sure that all fluids are filled & accurate. Any suggestions on what this issue is? I took it to Auto Zone, & they ran a quick test. Definition: Code P0733 indicates an incorrect ratio for Gear 3 for a predetermined period of time. The results from the car Error Codes Read: P0733 Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio (Transmission shift solenoid), P0882 TCM Power Input Signal Low (Transmission solenoid/pressure switch). Also, the Auto Zone worker suggested maybe purchasing a sensor (Transmission oil pressure) Duralast, part number SU8494. If this information helps, I appreciate you in advance for the feedback!

Hello, we will be happy to assist you. Usually when a transmission presents fault codes like that a new transmission will be required. Though it is less likely that your transmission will need replacement because it is somewhat new. You would likely need to get your shift solenoid replaced. But don’t replace anything unless it’s first properly diagnosed of the problem. Before replacing either solenoid I suggest that the technician check your power and ground supply to the solenoid(s) to ensure they are receiving the proper signal. The sensor(transmission pressure switch) that Autozone suggested replacing could be the cause of your problems but it could be pointing a finger at a different cause like low fluid. If the fluid is low it will cause a transmission to act erratically and the pressure sensor could trigger fault code. Low transmission fluid will also cause other gears to trigger various codes. I would suggest checking all your transmission fluid because low fluid is the most common cause of transmission malfunction and there could have been something Walmart overlooked. I would further suggest that you have a technician run a thorough scan on your vehicle to help determine exactly what is causing your issue.