Q: My car is a 2003 honda i was told the valve cover gasket was leaking and now my rpms are running normal then drop would it cause t

asked by on October 21, 2017

My car is a 2003 honda manual i was told the valve cover gasket was leaking and now my rpms are running normal then drop and it shakes as if its going to stall would it cause that? It also leakes coolant and i have to put it in every 2 days but i never see coolant on the ground but the over flow doesnt have a cover on it would that be why? But my first question is most important is this causing a whole bunch of issues? It never did that and i was told it was leaking about a month ago but i dont drive on the highway or anything just aound town they said i could wait to fix that.. If so how do i fix it now

You are describing three different possible problems. The coolant loss and the engine running rough with no external leaks may be a leaking head gasket and coolant getting into the piston cylinders causing the loss of coolant and rough running. The valve cover may be leaking oil onto spark plugs and causing misfire. I recommend having the cooling system pressure tested to see if head gasket needs replaced before replacing the valve cover gasket since it would need to be removed when head was removed for repairs.