Q: replaced brake shoes in the back (they are drums,) but now they dont work...

So I took everthkng sort and placed back the parts were they go went to the other side and the wheel cylnde to just replaced a month ago was squirting out brake fluid from the boot so I got a new one replaced it and for both wheels back on test drive it next day seemed okay(back up a little and ya, then went to go to a store and like it made clicking noises...so I tried pulling the ebrake and had like no resiantace , I keep looking at diagrams of the car brakes to see if all parts are there....they all there accept a spring on both sides that wasn't there when I got the car....idk

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2001 Ford Escape. You may have put in a spring incorrectly or did not adjust them tight enough before putting on the drum. If you think there is a missing spring then you can get a spring kit from most parts stores and install the spring. I recommend having the brakes repaired by a mechanic that knows brakes. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location and inspect your brakes to see what is causing the issue.

• replaced brake shoes in the back (they are drums,) but now they dont work...