Q: replaced brake shoes in the back (they are drums,) but now they dont work...

So I took everthkng sort and placed back the parts were they go went to the other side and the wheel cylnde to just replaced a month ago was squirting out brake fluid from the boot so I got a new one replaced it and for both wheels back on test drive it next day seemed okay(back up a little and ya, then went to go to a store and like it made clicking noises...so I tried pulling the ebrake and had like no resiantace , I keep looking at diagrams of the car brakes to see if all parts are there....they all there accept a spring on both sides that wasn't there when I got the car....idk

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2001 Ford Escape. You may have put in a spring incorrectly or did not adjust them tight enough before putting on the drum. If you think there is a missing spring then you can get a spring kit from most parts stores and install the spring. I recommend having the brakes repaired by a mechanic that knows brakes. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location and inspect your brakes to see what is causing the issue.

3. replaced brake shoes in the back (they are drums,) but now they dont work...