Q: Golf cart has bad forward/reverse switch.

I have a golf cart with a multimeter that says the forward/reverse switch is bad. There is no conductivity when tested.

A: Hi. I'm not well versed in golf carts, ...

Hi. I'm not well versed in golf carts, but I did find a diagram online that shows the test you're talking about. With the cart turned off, there should be no continuity between any of the switch posts. When you're in the forward position, you should have continuity between two or more posts. The same goes for reverse. To know which posts are which, depends on the make and model of your cart. You'll need to consult a repair manual to be sure. Also, just a refresher: to test for continuity make sure your multimeter is set to ohms. Touch one lead to one post and one lead to the other. A reading of over limits (OL) means there is no continuity. Any other value means there is continuity.