Q: 1966 pontiac gto egine wont fire but turns over, replaced distributor cap, rotor, points, igition coil,has spark and fuel to carb.

asked by on December 31, 2017

engine turns over but wont fire, replaced ignition coil, distributor cap, rotor, and points. spark plugs have spark and fuel to the carb. cranks at normal speed and has no compression loss.

Hi Anthony. Thanks for contacting us today. In most cases, a hard to start issue after completing wholesale changes is caused by something very simple - such as a loose or damaged ground wire to the coil, distributor or other ignition system component. I would double check all your electrical wiring - especially ground and double check the ignition timing, as if you’re getting spark to the plugs, it might not be correctly timed.