Q: Cigarette lighter stopped working

My cigarette lighter (or battery charger) stopped working, is this a fuse related issue? Can it be fixed easily?

A: The fuse would be the first thing to check....

The fuse would be the first thing to check. Look in the underdash fuse box; the cover should indicate which one is for the lighter. If not, try a web search for fuse diagrams for your vehicle’s make and model. A local auto parts store should have replacement fuses, and it’s a pretty easy fix to replace yourself. If you try this and still need help, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle’s electrical issues.